ALL ABOUT ORRVILLE CYCLING CLUB
The Orrville Cycling Club, based in Orrville, Ohio, is a USA Cycling (USAC) sanctioned club. Regular weekly rides are scheduled on Wednesday evenings at 6:00 p.m. between the beginning of Daylight Saving Time in March and it's demise in November. Post-season rides even include night time "Amish Road Rides" if weather permits. (Check the OCC Forum.) Once winter sets in, a group of members rides rollers on Wednesdays at the Orrville Cycling & Fitness bike shop.
Orrville Cycling Club Mission StatementTo promote and facilitate a fun and healthy lifestyle for all ages through cycling by:
- Conducting regular group rides
- Sponsoring and supporting competitive and non-competitive cycling events
- Advocating cyclists' right
Regular Season Rides
Wednesday night club rides start at 6:15 p.m. from the Orrville Cycling and Fitness bike shop. Rides are generally organized into three groups and maps are provided for each:
- The A group pace is fast and usually hilly with average speeds of 21 to 24 mph and flat accelerations sometimes approaching 34 mph. Sprints at city/county lines are not uncommon.
- The B riders start out a minute later and follow a slightly shorter version of the same route. The pace is typically 18-22 mph.
- The B- group was started for riders that want to do the same route but at a friendlier pace of 18-20 mph, with no one getting dropped.
- The C group starts out on the shortest route at a more friendly and casual pace of 15-17 mph.
- Finally, a Short route is in place for those that can't quite do the distances or speeds of the other routes.
Many club members are USAC licensed and participate in regional USAC races wearing the Orrville Cycling Club jersey and sponsored by the businesses you see on side bars of this webpage. In mid August the club sponsors the yearly Smith's Dairy Milk Race, a 30-50 mile circuit race in beautiful Wayne County. New events are being planned for the 2015 season - stay tuned.
Want to join? Download a copy of the Membership Form and send it to the address on the form.
Contact for membership info.
Go to the Ride Map to find out where we meet.
Orrville Cycling Club
9658 W. High St.
Orrville, OH 44667